Smoked salmon and feta salad parcels
- 175g (6 oz) basmati rice
- 350g [12oz] smoked salmon in about 8 slices
- 10 cm (4") of cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 225g (8 oz) feta cheese, cubed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the rice very well under cold running water
- Add to a large pan of boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 12 to 15 minutes
- Drain well and allow to cool
- Line four ramekins with cling-film
- Use two pieces of smoked salmon to line the ramekins, reserving any trimming to use as 'lids'
- Add the mayonnaise, lime juice, parsley, rice, cucumber, feta and tomatoes to a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spoon the mixture into the salmon-lined ramekins.
- Fold the salmon and any trimmings over the mixture so it is completely covered
- Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#salmon #rice #ramekins #parsley #smokedsalmon #limejuice #mayonnaise #cucumber #smokedsalmonandfetasaladparcels #clingfilm #boiling