Smoked salmon and blue cheese pizza
4.8/5 Never seen this in Pizza Hut! Fabulous. The Judge
This combination went very well together and for once I did not miss the usual tomato sauce topping.
A generous sprinkling of fresh dill would make an admirable topping for this pizza, but it is the middle of winter here and I refuse to buy miserable sprigs of dill from the supermarket. Dried herbs are not a good substitute.
- 150g of good blue cheese - I used Saint Agur - nice and creamy
- 100g thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped dill to garnish
- Make the pizza dough as instructed.
- If using a pizza stone, preheat the pizza stone under a very hot grill for about 20 minutes. Place it about 8cm (3") from the heat source.
- Make 1 pizza per person
- Dust your work surface with fine yellow cornmeal
- Divide the pizza dough into two and roll out into two thin 25.5 cm (10 inch) pizzas
- Prick the pizzas all over with a fork. This prevents it puffing up too much and burning while it is cooking
- With a deft move, slide the pizza dough from the pizza peel, on to the preheated pizza stone.
- Cook on one side only for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- remove from the oven, flip over and add the sliced onions and a good drizzle of olive oil and a grind of black pepper.
- Slide under the grill and allow cook for about 3 minutes, just enough for the heat and the oil to take the 'edge' off the onions.
- Remove from the oven and add the crumbled blue cheese and the smoked salmon.
- Return to the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Repeat for the second pizza whilst you prepare the first.
- Keep the first pizza warm at the bottom of the oven whilst you make the second.
Serve with a green salad.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#pizza #smokedsalmonandbluecheesepizza #dill #pizzastone #pizzadough #grill #smokedsalmon #bluecheese #onions #oliveoil #herbs