Smoked cheese ice-cream
Exactly what is says. I have not tried it, but sounds interesting.
- 100 g Cumberland Smoked cheese or similar hard, smoked cheese, grated
- 200 g single cream
- 100 g sugar
- 3 egg yolks.
- Over a gentle heat, melt the cheese, stirring well, until it has the consistency of a fondue.
- Slowly add the cream, beating well, until it is thoroughly mixed with the cheese. Allow to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the eggs are foamy and the sugar had dissolved.
- Stir into the cooled cheese and cream and place in your ice-cream maker.
- Follow your manufacturer’s instructions.
Serve with fresh pineapple
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.