Sesame prawn fritters
I tried to attempt a healthier variation of the deep fried the prawn ball recipe in the form of a fritter. It works pretty well I feel.
- 6 oz (150g) any white fish
- 4 oz (100g) peeled prawns
- 1 egg white
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cornflour
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry
- 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/gas 7
- Remove any skin and bones from the fish
- Mince or finely chop the prawns
- Mix the prawns and fish together well, then add the remaining ingredients apart from the sesame seeds.
- Mix very well
- Shape into flat discs (about the size of a jam-pot lid)
- Coat with sesame seeds
- Place on a lightly oiled tray the top of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
We have a number of different fritter recipes on Cookipedia:
- Aubergine fritters - Indian fritters. Brinjal fritters
- Spam fritters
- Sesame prawn fritters - fritters with an Asian touch.
- Cheese fritters - Indian cheese fritters
- Ox-brain fritters - they'll make a change from Spam!
- Cauliflower and turmeric fritters - a nice vegetarian alternative
- Crispy Capricorn potato fritters with bacon - a nice breakfast idea
- Akkra - West African bean fritters
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.