Sesame crusted Capricorn on warm Puy lentils and roasted peppers
Many thanks to those nice people at The Lubborn Creamery who gave us permission to reproduce this recipe.
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g Puy lentils, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese, halved
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Halve and deseed the peppers then cut into wedges.
- Toss the peppers, red onion and garlic together in a baking tray with 1 tablespoon olive oil, chilli flakes and seasoning. Roast for 20-25 mins until beginning to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils in boiling water for 15-20 mins until tender - keep an eye on them, it is easy to boil them dry!
- Drain and mix with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, parsley and seasoning
- Stir in the roasted vegetables.
- Press the cut sides of the Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese in the sesame seeds.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese, seed-side down, and cook for 2-3 mins until golden, over a medium heat.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.