Scandinavian chicken with rosemary and juniper berries
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 level tablespoon of fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 20 juniper berries crushed in a mortar and pestle or under a rolling pin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3), [fan oven 140° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Slash the chicken breasts to allow the flavours to get into the meat
- Oil the roasting tin with half of the olive oil
- Add the chicken breasts and a good grind of black pepper and sprinkle with the rosemary and juniper berries drizzle with the remaining olive oil
- Roast for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, mix the cornflour, chicken stock and crème fraiche and pour over the cooked chicken
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes
- Check the chicken is properly cooked before serving.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.