Sausage Stuffed Aubergines (GF)
It is also suitable for coeliacs as it uses gluten free ingredients.
- 1 aubergine, halved lengthways
- Salt and pepper
- 125ml olive oil
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 125ml white wine
- 240g fresh breadcrumbs (make with gluten free bread, if required)
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Remove all the sausages from their skins. Put to one side in a large bowl.
- Scoop out the flesh of the aubergine, then chop it and place it in a sieve over the sink. Sprinkle with a little salt and leave to drain.
- Season the aubergine skins with salt and pepper and brush with a little olive oil. Set to one side.
- Now heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan. Cook the sausage meat with the garlic until browned. Break up the meat as much as you can as you cook.
- Squeeze as much moisture as you can from the aubergine and add to the pan.
- Add the parsley and plenty of seasoning.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now remove from the heat and add the breadcrumbs and half the parmesan cheese.
- Stuff this mixture into the aubergine skins and sprinkle the tops with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until tender and golden.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.
#aubergine #oliveoil #parmesancheese #glutenfree #sausagemeat #parsley #garlic #breadcrumbs #scoop #salad #brush