This delicious sauce can be made in minutes and spices up any cold meat
- 50g (2 oz) roasted peanuts
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) coconut milk
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Demerara sugar
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Place sauce in a pan and bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Good with chicken or beef kebabs
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
I have just made this for a third time, this time using double quantities. It has turned out very runny, yet I don't recall it being so when I made with the above quantities. A teaspoon of cornflour or arrowroot pre-mixed in cold water should resolve the problem though.