The amount of 'bodacious bulbs' used in the recipe may seem rather petrifying, but once it has roasted, it develops a sweet, yet aromatic flavour.
The quantity given below is for just 4 bulbs, however, the images on the right show 27 of them being roasted at the same time - see Chef's Notes, below.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4).
- Slice off the top of each garlic bulb ensure that the top of each clove is exposed.
- Remove any dry, surplus outer skin, but do not force it off.
- Place on a sheet of tin foil in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle oilive oil lightly over top of each bulb.
- Wrap the tin foil loosely around the bulbs and place on the lowest shelf in your oven,
- Allow to roast for about an hour, until the cloves are brown and soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Squeeze the cloves gently from the skin into a bowl and use as required.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#roastedgarlic #garlic #roasted #roast #tinfoil #fridge #bakingtray #soups #freeze #miseenplace #oliveoil