Roast pork chinese style
This recipe needs advance preparation!
It looked this good when I made it and it tasted fantastic. MAKE THIS! Klapaucius
Although this requires marinading overnight, it is a simple and undemanding way of cooking pork and it gives excellent results
- 1 kg (2lb) boned roasting pork (loin is good), thickly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon five spice powder
- Arrange the sliced pork in a shallow dish
- Make a marinade with the other ingredients and pour over the sliced pork
- Refrigerate overnight, basting when you can
- In a large roasting tin, add ½" of water, place a rack over this and arrange the slices on the rack
- Roast in a preheated oven at 180° C (350° F) for about an hour, basting frequently with the marinade
- Cover, keep warm and rest for 10 minutes
- Slice and arrange on a platter and serve
Ham sauce for noodles would go nicely with this.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#roastporkchinesestyle #pork #fivespicepowder #noodles #garlic #marinade #marinading #lightsoysauce #drysherry #plainrice #ricewine