Quick tartare sauce
I have been experimenting with the best 'quick' tartare sauce recipe. (tartare sauce - US) This is the best I have found using ingredients from the fridge. I don't always have gherkins around but it was quite acceptable with pickled onions, especially if you have any fresh dill available.
- 150 ml mayonnaise - try our cheats mayonnaise, it's quick and easy.
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 small pickled gherkin, chopped
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and serve immediately.
It will keep reasonably well if refrigerated
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.