Pulled pork enchiladas
The left-over pork went back into the slow cooker for another 4 hours with more garlic and spices and was rolled, covered with cheese and baked for 30 minutes. The garlic chili courgettes were as brilliant accompaniment for this dish.
- 600 g slow roasted pork
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- ½ a jar of roasted red peppers
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons Taste Sensation Spicy Mango seasoning
- Pinch of Taste Sensation hickory smoke powder
- 2 teaspoons of soft brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Splash of chilli oil
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 wholemeal tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Add all of the ingredients apart from the tortillas and the cheese to a slow cooker and cook on medium for about 4 hours
- Halfway through the cooking, use a fork to shred the pork, it should break up easily.
- After 4 hours the mixture is thick and treacly and ready for the enchiladas.
- Divide the mixture up into four and fill the tortillas
- Fold the ends up to retain the filling while they cook
- Cover with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 180° C
Serve with Garlic chilli courgettes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#cheese #pork #tortillas #tastesensation #slowcooker #grated #roasted #garlic #enchiladas #baked #maincourses