Piri piri sauce
As this uses a large quantity of chillies you are probable best sourcing these from an ethnic store rather than a supermarket!
- 250 g (8 oz) fresh red birdseye chillies
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Big pinch of sea salt
- Wear rubber gloves!
- Remove the seeds from the chillies if you don't want the sauce too hot
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.