Pié d'Angloys cheese
Para leer más sobre este queso en castellano, visite Mundoquesos
- Pié d'Angloys was originally made by Cistercian monks in the 14th century and in 1992, it was produced by Fromagerie Paul Renard in Flogny-la-Chappelle the Yonne département of Bourgogne. Nowadays, however, it is produced by Coeur de Lion at Fromageries Parreault of Mesley-du-Maine in the Mayenne département of Pays de Loire
- Soft, rind-washed in wine
Aroma and taste
- Slightly savoury aroma and a buttery, creamy flavour, which becomes stronger if left in its box for a while
Strength and texture
- Mild to medium strength. Soft, spreadable texture
Shape, weight and size
- Circular in shape, weighing 200g. Diameter 9cm, height 3.5cm
Orangey-white ridged rind, with an ivory interior. Fat content 29.7%
Ocado, branches of Waitrose, Sainsbury's and Morrisons
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Pié d'Angloys cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Pié d'Angloys cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.