Pechugas de pollo rellenas (Stuffed chicken breasts)
Surprisingly though, it does not contain garlic.
- 4 plump chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- Olive oil
- 100 g Serrano ham
- Half a green pepper, diced
- 4 medium mushrooms, diced
- 4 spring onions, whites only, diced
- 2 tablespoons pimentón de la Vera dulce (sweet smoked paprika)
- Cocktail sticks
- Soak some cocktail sticks in hot water.
- Slit the chicken breasts in half horizontally, but not completely - see how to butterfly a chicken breast.
- Open the breast and bash with a meat mallet.
- On one side of each of the open breasts, place a slice of Serrano ham and rub a dab of olive oil over the ham.
- Place the diced vegetables on top of the ham.
- Mix the paprika with the remaining olive oil and dab over the vegetables.
- Place a further slice of Serrano ham on top of the vegetables.
- Fold the other half of the chicken breast and using the cocktail sticks pin the open sides together.
- Heat some oil in a shallow pan and gently fry the breasts on both sides until golden.
- Transfer them to a roasting tin and bake in a preheated oven 190 C/375 F/Gas 5 for 25 minutes.
- Allow to go completely cold, remove the cocktail sticks and cut the breasts into 1½ cm slices.
This is quite a healthy dish, but to make it even healthier, you can put them straight into the oven without searing. Also you can use a rack in the roasting tin. However, you will need to lengthen the cooking time.
--JuliaBalbilla 15:47, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#diced #vegetables #serranoham #oliveoil #roasting #chicken #ham #newpotatoes #springonions #meatmallet #greenpepper