Pea and garlic stuffed peppers
- 4 large sweet peppers, any colour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 150g (5oz) frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine
- 150g (5oz) wholemeal bread, crumbled.
- Pinch of chili flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Slice off the tops, leaving the stem intact; reserve.
- With deft knife-work, remove the white membranes and knock out the seeds.
- Heat the olive oil and flavour it with a grind of black pepper.
- Slightly crush the peas so they can really absorb the garlic oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic for 4 minutes, add the peas and sauté for a further 4 minutes.
- Soak the crumbled bread in the sherry and then stir into cooked peas and onions.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season the insides of the peppers with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of chili flakes.
- Distribute the pea mixture between the peppers. Drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Replace the tops and bake for 25 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.