Pavo con arroz caldoso (Turkey with rice)
This dish is found throughout Spain, where turkey is eaten all year round and not just at Christmas.
- 50 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 800g skinned, chopped turkey breast
- 1 large onion
- 6 Cloves garlic
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- Pinch of saffron, pounded
- 340g long-grain rice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 litre turkey or chicken stock
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Season the turkey and stir into the oil until browned.
- Remove the turkey and place in a bowl.
- Add the onions and garlic to the same pan until golden and mix with the turkey in the bowl.
- Fry the potatoes until golden and add the peppers and saffron.
- When the peppers have started to brown, add the rice, stir and cook for a further minute.
- Finally, add the stock and lemon, cover, and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, by which time the rice should be cooked.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.