Orange flavoured yogurt sorbet
- 180 ml orange juice
- 300 ml Greek-style yogurt
- Zest and juice from two large oranges
- 2 egg whites, beaten to peaks with 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar in addition to sugar above
- In your food-processor, blend the yogurt, orange juice and 1 tablespoon of castor sugar until well mixed
- Add to your ice cream maker bowl
- Gently fold in the egg-whites
- Freeze in your ice-cream maker for about 1 hour
How to prevent home made ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer
Home made ice cream is usually reasonably soft and 'scoopable' straight out of the ice cream maker, but once it is placed in the freezer for more than a few hours it becomes a solid block of ice, effectively.
Unfortunately without using artificial additives it is not generally possible to keep it soft once you freeze it. I have tried many suggestions and they all fail miserably, apart from this one!
Place the hard-frozen ice cream in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before you want to use it and re-freeze it immediately you have scooped out what you need.
Admittedly this does require some planning ahead, but it does mean you'll have usable ice-cream.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.