Mojo picón rojo (Red mojo sauce) (TM)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 guindilla pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt, to taste
- 150g extra virgin olive oil
- 15g vinegar
- 1 spoon sweet paprika [doesn't specify spoon size]
- Put the garlic in the bowl and chop 5 seconds / Speed 5
- Add the guindilla and the cumin and mix 20 seconds / Speed 7
- Incorporate the salt, oil, vinegar and paprika and mix 30 seconds / Speed 5
- Finish binding the sauce programming 2 minutes / Speed 10 until it becomes homogenous
It is ideal combined with several dishes, especially 'wrinkled' potatoes (papas arrugadas) and meat. Mojo Picón Rojo has different names on the various islands: Mojo Palmero, Mojo Encarnado, mojo rojo.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.