Liver in garlic butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 200 ml milk
- 200g lambs liver, deveined and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon picked thyme leaves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 25g breadcrumbs
- Add the milk, half of the crushed garlic and the sliced liver to a Lock and Lock box, cover, shake well and leave for an hour or two, shaking now and then.
- Drain the milk from the liver using a sieve so you retain the garlic!
- Beat the thyme leaves into the egg
- Arrange the flour, breadcrumbs, egg wash on plates, and a spare plate for the coated liver
- Coat the liver in flour, dip in the egg wash and roll in the breadcrumbs
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the black pepper
- Add the remaining garlic to the pan and fry for one minutes
- Add all of the liver to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning once
- Remove from the pan and rest for 5 minutes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#liver #breadcrumbs #garlic #flour #butter #thymeleaves #eggwash #liveringarlicbutter #sieve #panfried #salad