Lazy Hollandaise-y Asparagus
- 1 duck egg or 2 chicken eggs per person
- 6 asparagus spears
- 100g pack of pancetta, prosciutto or parma ham
- A knob of butter
- sea salt and black pepper
- A drop of white wine vinegar (optional)
- Get your eggs so they can warm to room temp. Crank your oven grill up to high.
- Snap or slice the woody ends off the asparagus. Wrap each spear with a slice of pancetta or a halved (lengthwise) strip of prosciutto or parma ham.
- Get a pot of water on the boil for the eggs.
- Pop the wrapped spears on a hot grill pan and under the grill. Place your eggs in the sauce pan. Set the timer for 7 mins. Let the egg water gently bubble away don't let it boil too softly or too rapidly.
- Turn your spears a couple of times, until the ham is crisped up and the tips are tender. Remove from oven. Brust the tips with butter.
- Slice the tops off the eggs. Dunk a nugget of butter into each melting yolk. Season. Add a drop of vinegar to give a lazy hollandaise-y effect. Dunk.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.
#eggs #butter #boil #lazyhollandaiseyasparagus #pancetta #parmaham #hollandaise #prosciutto #ham #ovengrill #duck