Lamb fillet kebabs
So simple to make, this is hardly a recipe. I think these are much nicer if they are given time to marinade, but you could cook them immediately if you were pushed for time.
- 1 lamb tenderloin fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Tex-Mex mix or 1 scant teaspoon chili powder and a pinch of mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 2 halved sweet peppers (different colours) - use the remains in your salad
- Chop the tenderloin fillets into about 16 medallions
- Place them in a Lock and Lock box together with the olive oil, lemon juice, Tex-Mex mix, salt and pepper
- Shake viperously for a minute
- Place in the fridge for 6 hours or so
- Make up the skewers using the marinaded lamb, onion and bell peppers
- Brush with a little extra olive oil and grill for about 10 minutes under a hot grill or barbecue.
- Turn once during cooking and brush with olive oil once more
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.