Květáková polévka (Cauliflower soup)
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 40g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 1.5 litres hot vegetable stock
- Large pinch of nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 300ml whipping cream
- Flat-leaved parsley leaves, to garnish
For the dumplings
- Boil the cauliflower in a saucepan, until tender.
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the flour and cook gently, for about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Slowly pour in 150ml of the stock and remove from the heat.
- Blend or purée this with the cooked cauliflower, nutmeg and egg yolks.
- Return the mixture to a pan and stir in the remaining stock.
- Reheat the soup.
- Menwhile, mix together all of the dumplings ingredients and roll into small balls. (See Chef's notes below)
- Add to the soup and gently poach them for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the whipping cream and serve, garnished with parsley leaves.
Serve with crusty bread.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.