Ice filtered consommé
I have just reproduced it to fit Cookipedia's format.
- A quantity of homemade stock made any way you please. It is not necessary to skim it.
- While it is still warm, strain through a colander into a clean bowl.
- To reduce the risk of bacteria, stand the bowl in cold water so it cools quickly.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container, plastic coffee cups or freezer bags and freeze
- Once frozen, place the frozen stock in a colander, lined with cheesecloth or muslin, over a bowl and leave for at least a day to defrost and drip through.
- That's it - done. perfectly clear stock.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.