Haiver ot patladzani i sirene (Aubergine and cheese salad)
Revision as of 12:55, 2 January 2015 by Chef
A salad from Bulgaria.
For the salad
- 3 large aubergines, skinned and chopped - Chef's notes below
- 75 g feta, homemade cottage cheese or sirene, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or mint, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 6 green olives, pitted
- 6 black olives, pitted
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl and garnish with the remaining ingredients.
Can be served as a first course or an accompaniment.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.