Fennel, red onion and orange salad (V)
Another Middle Eastern influenced dish.
- 6 small seedless oranges or satsumas
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (as you would an onion)
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, cracked in a pestle and mortar
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, cracked in a pestle and mortar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly picked mint sprigs to garnish
- Sea salt to taste
- Peel and slice the oranges, reserving any juice
- Arrange the fennel, onions and orange slices in layers into a shallow serving dish
- Sprinkle the caraway, cumin salt, pepper, mint and olive oil over each layer
- Pour any reserved orange juice over the top
- Chill and rest for 2 hours
Scatter torn mint leaves over the top
Serve with black olives
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.