We always called this egg-bread or eggy-bread, but that was when we were 5 years old! I think it's also called French toast, though I'm not certain about that.
It's one of the very few occasions where processed bread is better than home baked bread. The soft processed bread tends to soak up the egg mixture better.
- 2 slices of sliced brown wholemeal bread
- 2 free range eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- A dash of Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- In a large shallow dish, break the two eggs
- Add the milk, Tabasco, black pepper and whisk until well mixed
- Place the bread in the mixture and leave for a minute
- Turn the bread over and leave until the mixture has soaked into the bread
- Heat a large frying pan and add the garlic olive oil
- Fry for 3 minutes a side
- Make a sandwich with the optional Marmite in the middle
I love mine with a squeeze of marmite! Serve hot with fresh orange juice
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.