Easy oven-baked salmon
Julia, the author of the recipe blog always publishes interesting and original recipes and this is no exception. The salmon is livened up by using a spicy rub and then sealed in mayonnaise before is is oven baked, so all the moisture is retained. It's then grilled to get a nice finish.
We regularly have salmon and this may possibly be our recipe of choice.
Thanks to Julia for giving us permission to publish this recipe. www.ibelieveicanfry.com/ Do take a look at her blog, it is a must for foodies.
- 2 salmon steaks - ( 1 per person )
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of unsmoked paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 4 tablespoon Hellmann's mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour] while you prepare the salmon
- Place the salmon fillets skin-side down on a sheet of greaseproof paper
- Add the rub ingredients to a small bowl and mix well
- Sprinkle the rub over the top surface of the salmon, reserving a little to finish
- Cover the salmon steak with a thin layer of mayonnaise
- Finish off with a sprinkle of the rub
- Leaving the salmon on the greaseproof paper, cover with a tent of tin-foil, being careful not to let the foil touch the salmon
- Bake for 20 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- When there is 5 minutes left, preheat the grill
- After 20 minutes, finish under the grill for a few minutes
- Julia's recipe
- and the recipe that inspired hers
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.