This is one of Jamaica's national dishes and is served on festive occasions.
- 1 kg goat meat, cut into small chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (See "Chef's notes" below)
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1-2 hot chillies, finely chopped
- 30 g butter
- 50 ml oil
- 750 ml hot water
- Place the goat in a bowl and season.
- Mix in the curry powder, garlic, tomatoes, onions, spring onions and chillies.
- Allow to marinate for about an hour or more.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and fry the goat until it is lightly browned - try to brush off any garlic or vegetables before frying or they may burn.
- Add enough water to cover the meat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the meat is tender, adding more water if necessary.
- Stir in the seasoning and vegetables in which the goat was marinating, cover again and simmer for 10 minutes.
Make the curry powder with:
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.