Cuban guacamole summer salad
Revision as of 15:37, 8 July 2016 by Chef
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced into wedges
- 75g sweetcorn
- 2 hearts of palm, sliced into discs
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 130g borlotti beans
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Goya Sazon Completa
- ½ teaspoonSalsa aji Nativo
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon American mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon finely ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Break up iceberg lettuce in large bowl. Add tomato, sweetcorn, hearts of palm, onion and beans then blend well.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed avocado with ½ teaspoon salt, Goya® Sazon Completa, Salsa Aji Nativo® and mayonnaise. Gently fold in the hard boiled egg.
- In separate bowl, assemble salad dressing by combining the lemon juice, red wine vinegar mustard, oil, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Assemble the dish by spooning the guacamole mixture in the centre of the lettuce mixture, then drizzle the salad dressing where desired.
- This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.