Creamy butternut squash soup with Džiugas cheese
Revision as of 17:25, 6 November 2015 by Chef
- 500g butternut squash (or pumpkin) flesh, peeled, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 100 ml double cream
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- sea salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of finely grated Džiugas cheese
- 4 tablespoons of a mixture of toasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices of sliced white bread, toasted and cut into strips
- Put the chopped squash flesh and cubed potatoes into a large pan and just cover with water.
- Season with salt and black pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have been softened.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the toast fingers in olive oil.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender or a food processor.
- Add the double cream and crushed garlic and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.