Coconut ice (uncooked)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 397g sweetened condensed milk
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 320g dessicated coconut
- Pink food colouring, optional
- A few drops vanilla extract
- Using a wooden spoon, mix together the condensed milk and icing sugar in a large bowl. It will get very stiff. Work the coconut into the mix until it's well combined - use your hands, if you like.
- Split the mix into two and knead a very small amount of food colouring into one half.
- Line a 20cm x 25cm receptacle with baking parchment
- Spoon the white half of the mixture into the tin and level.
- Press pink half on top of the white mixture.
- Wrap tin in loosely in clingfilm or foil and leave to set overnight before cutting into squares.
- These will keep for up to a month at least, if stored in an airtight container.
Coconut shredder working in a 10 second video
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#foodcolouring #condensedmilk #icingsugar #coconut #split #foil #coconuticeuncooked #baking #knead #airtightcontainer #peppermint