Claire Sweeney's Harissa Chicken
Revision as of 13:13, 14 July 2016 by Chef
for the chicken
- 2 organic chicken legs
- 2.5 tablespoons of Belazu Rose Harissa (about half a pot)
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 onions, sliced
- Belazu extra virgin olive oil
for the salad
- 1 organic avocado, sliced
- 2 organic carrots, peeled and grated
- a handful of roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon Belazu balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Belazu extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Mix the Rose Harissa paste with the honey.
- Peel the skin from the chicken and cut lots of deep slashes in the flesh. Generously cover both sides with the Harissa and honey mix.
- Use my Lock and Lock box trick to make life easier (see pics).
- Leave to marinade for a few hours if you have the time.
- Place in a baking dish on a bed of sliced onions, seasoned with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cook on middle shelf for 25-35 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mustard in a bowl.
- Combine the carrots and the avocado, and stir in the dressing. Finish with some almonds.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and serve with the salad, warm flatbread and a generous dollop of houmous.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
- Belazu Balsamic Vinegar
- Belazu Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil Unfiltered
- virgin-olive-oils.html Belazu Extra virgin olive oil
- Belazu Rose Harissa
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.