Ciabatta bread (breadmaker recipe)
We have a Panasonic SD253 breadmaker and it is wonderful. We have used it twice a week for the last year or so to make white or wholemeal loaves. However, we have only recently tried some of the other recipes that came with the breadmaker. Wow, they are really good.
If you have a Panasonic breadmaker, I urge you to try this recipe out! It's not really like ciabatta bread, but it is really light and airy and very tasty.
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 500 g (14 oz) Very strong white flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 350 ml water - or by weight instead of volume, 350 g water
- Tip it all into the breadmaker
- For the Panasonic SD253 breadmaker, select Italian Bake program
- For the Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker use menu option 09, Italian bake
- Wait 4 hours for wonderfully light white bread.
The timer can be used with this recipe
Ciabatta bread recipes
We have a number of tested ciabatta bread recipes. Some that are made entirely by hand, others where the dough is made in a breadmaking machine and then baked in an oven and some where the rising and the baking is done in a breadmaker.
Rather like a French baguette the secret to this light bread with a moist bubbly crumb is the long rise time, often with no added sugar. Using just the natural sugars found in the flour to feed the yeast .
- Ciabatta bread recipe Hand made dough, oven baked
- Ciabatta with biga Hand made ciabatta bread based on a recipe by Richard Bertinet in his book Dough
- Ciabatta bread info page
- Ciabatta loaves (breadmaker dough, oven bake) The dough is made in a breadmaker and the loaves are oven baked
- Parmesan ciabatta A parmesan flavoured ciabatta bread where the dough is made in the breadmaker and the loaves are oven baked
- Ciabatta bread (breadmaker recipe) The entire process is completed in a breadmaker
- Biga The starter dough for used in making ciabatta bread or rolls.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.