In general I am not keen on spirits but I do like the occasional Bloody Mary. Vodka doesn't have much of a taste, so it is nice to have some to hand which is already spiced and therefore there is no need to add Tabasco.
- 500ml vodka
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Dried chillies to taste - I used 5 small ones. Remember you need to be able to get them back out of the bottle!
- 3 cardamon pods slightly bruised
- Put all of the spices into a clean, sterlised bottle.
- Top up with vodka, leaving a gap at the top to allow room for shaking.
- Shake the bottle from time to time and it should be ready in two months, or a little less.
- It will keep for up to one year.
- Based on a recipe by Nigella Lawson
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chillivodka #vodka #spirits #hand #chillies #lemonjuice #cuminseeds #spices #driedchillies #tomatojuice #tabasco