Chilli chicken with chickpea couscous
A colourful and spicy one-pot dinner. Easy to make and simple to alter to suit your tastes.
- 250 g chicken fillets, skinned and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 410 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon marigold swiss bouillon powder or ¾ chicken stock cube
- 200 g dried couscous
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of sultanas, raisins, chopped dried apricots etc.
- 50 g frozen peas, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes then drained.
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Add the chicken, onions, garlic, tomatoes, chickpeas and peas to a large roasting tray. Season with salt and pepper. Shake over with chilli flakes and drizzle with olive oil
- Roast, uncovered for 10 minutes at 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Mix the stock or bouillon with 600ml boiling water
- Add the couscous, stir well and immediately pour into the roasting tray.
- Add the lemon juice and zest
- Return to the oven and roast uncovered for a further 18 minutes, stirring once.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#oliveoil #couscous #chillichickenwithchickpeacouscous #boiling #roast #chickpeas #roastingtray #chilliflakes #chicken #zest #juice