Chestnut flour shortbread
Revision as of 15:07, 27 July 2016 by Chef
- 300g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 100g chestnut flour
- 60g rice flour or ground rice
- 10 g Sugar for rolling and sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 140° C (257° F - gas 1), [fan oven 120° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the flour and work into a dough.
- Roll out into a rectangle or a round on a sugared worksurface until it is 1cm thick.
- Place on a greased baking tray and cut into fingers or triangles.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes and when cooked, place on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with sugar and allow to cool.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.