Cheese pupusas (V)
A pupusa is a stuffed corn-tortilla, usually served with a spicy coleslaw called curtido.
- 2 cups of grated cheese (use a mixture of cheeses; Cheddar, Mozzarella and ricotta)
- 3 tablespoons of double cream
- ½ a cup of chopped spring onions
- Sea salt to taste
- Make the tortillas as shown here, but don't cook them yet
- Mix all of the ingredients together to make a soft paste
- Divide the mixture into balls, slightly larger than golf-balls and place each ball in the centre of the tortilla and press the mixture out, leaving a gap around the edge
- Cover with another tortilla and press together to seal
- Heat a griddle pan or heavy frying pan and wipe over with a lightly oiled kitchen towel
- Cook each pupusa until it is nicely toasted. This will take about 4 minutes a side
- Keep warm while you cook the remaining pupusas
Serve with curtido
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#curtido #masaharina #cheddar #toasted #ricotta #tortilla #grated #cheeses #corntortillas #cheese #tortillas