Cheese, peas and garlic stuffed peppers
This tasty tapa is a variation on Pea and garlic stuffed peppers. This recipe is also quick and easy to prepare and very easy to adapt so it suits your personal taste.
- 4 large sweet peppers, any colour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 150g (5oz) frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of Cheese, garlic and chili mayonnaise or almogrote
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 wholemeal bread roll, blitzed to breadcrumbs in a blender
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5)
- Slice off the tops, leaving the stem intact; reserve.
- With deft knife-work, remove the white membranes and knock out the seeds.
- Heat the olive oil and flavour it with a grind of black pepper.
- Sauté the onions for 4 minutes, add the peas and sauté for a further 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cheese mayonnaise and mix really well.
- Add a twist of black pepper and a sprinkle of salt to each of the sweet peppers
- Distribute the pea mixture between the peppers.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil and the sherry.
- Replace the tops, place in an oven dish, cover with tin-foil and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked to your liking.