Cazuela de cordero al ajo con judías verdes
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 kg lamb, cut into 5 cm cubes
- 1 Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 2-4 bulbs garlic, peeled, with cloves left whole
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika (use Pimentón de la Vera if possible)
- 90 ml dry sherry
- 90 ml beef or lamb stock
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 120 g French beans
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- Heat 20 ml of the oil in a deep pan or cazuela, add half the lamb cubes and sear on all sides.
- Remove from pan, reserve and do the same to the remaining lamb.
- Remove the second batch of lamb.
- Add the remaining 10 ml of oil, add the onion and garlic cloves, and cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Return the meat to the pan, stir and add the bay leaf, paprika, sherry and stock.
- Season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a low heat.
- Allow to cook for 1½-2 hours until the lamb is tender.
- 10 minutes before the end, add the beans.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.