In this category you will find recipes that contain eggs as the main ingredient. Try to use fresh eggs for all your recipes, free range if possible. Just the comparison between the flaccid whites and pale yolks of a stale egg to the bright orange yolks the firm whites of a fresh egg should tell you why. Even in a big city you can probably find a local supplier if you scout around. The other alternative is to keep your own chickens, it's simpler than you would think. We are in a town with a small garden and have kept 4 - 8 chickens for the last 20 years. A web search for point of lay hens will locate a supplier who will be more than happy to give you advice. Alternatively, give the Battery Hen Welfare Trust a call.
One exception to the fresh egg rule is if you are boiling them. If a boiled egg is really fresh old you won't be able to peel it (the white sticks to the shell) and the white has a strange slippery texture. For boiling, try to use eggs that are at least 4 days old. We have a simple guide showing how to cook the perfect boiled egg. It could not be easier to get an egg exactly the way you like it.
Some ways to cook eggs
How much does one cup of eggs weigh?
Estimated US cup to weight equivalents:
|Eggs||hard boiled - chopped||
|225 grams||8 ounces|
Every ingredient has a cups to ounces or grams conversion table. Search for the ingredient, cup to weight conversions are at the end of each ingredient page.
- How to cook the perfect boiled egg
- Safe meat cooking temperatures
- How to cook the perfect poached egg
Pages in category "Egg recipes"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 243 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Salmorejo (TM)
- Salsa a las Finas Hierbas (Fines Herbes Sauce) (TM)
- Salsa verde (TM)
- Sauce normande
- Sausage, Spinach and Egg Bake
- Scrambled eggs
- Scrambled eggs and black garlic bagel brunch
- Slata michwiya (Grilled salad)
- Smoked salmon omelette
- Smoked salmon pancake stack
- Smoked salmon quiche
- Soft boiled quails' eggs
- Sopa de Ajo (Garlic soup) (TM)
- Spaghetti alla carbonara
- Spiced-up scramble and toms
- Spicy three cheese flan with sesame seeds
- Espinacas a la crema (Spinach in bechamel sauce) (TM)
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Sweet shortcrust pastry (TM)
- Sweetcorn Fritters
- Tantan soup with ramen, pak choi and mad eggs
- Tartare Sauce (TM)
- Tartare sauce 2 (TM)
- Thit kho
- Three cheese quiche
- Tirana romaine salad
- Tiroler Eierspeise
- Tiroler Eierspeise (V)
- Toad in the hole
- Toad in the hole with apple and horseradish relish
- Tortilla 'batatas harras'
- Tortilla capuchina
- Tortilla Española
- Tuna and cheese pancakes
- Tuna in toast baskets with Džiugas cheese
- Tunisian beef pie