This wiki cheese category page contains detailed information and photographs of cheeses produced in the Italian region of Campania.
Campania is in southern Italy and comprises the five provinces of Avellino, Benevento, Caserta, Naples and Salerno. It is Italy's second most highly populated region. Campanian cuisine varies within the region. While Neapolitan dishes centre around seafood, Casertan and Aversana rely more on fresh vegetables and cheeses. The cuisine from Sorrento combines the culinary traditions from both Naples and Salerno. Naples, of course, is home to the pizza.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.
- Mantecata cheese.jpg
- Pecorino Campano cheese.jpg
Pages in category "Campania cheeses"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- Caciocavallo affumicato cheese
- Caciocavallo di bufala cheese
- Caciocavallo di Castelfranco in Misciano cheese
- Caciocavallo podolico cheese
- Caciocavallo Silano cheese
- Cacioricotta caprina del Cilento cheese
- Caciottina canestrata di Sorrento cheese
- Caprino degli Alburni cheese
- Caso conzato cheese
- Caso peruto cheese
- Conciato Romano cheese