Calzone ripieno al forno
The classic stuffed and folded pizza that looks for all the world like a huge Cornish pasty!
- 25g [1 oz / ½ cup] breadcrumbs
- 45 ml olive oil
- 50g [2 oz] spicy Italian sausage, blitzed in a food processor with a metal blade
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and halved
- 1 small onion, finely chopped and mixed in with the sausage meat
- 50g [2oz / ¼ cup] Ricotta cheese
- 75g Mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- Make the dough as instructed and allow to rise for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven and pizza stone to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Knock the dough back
- Dust a work-surface with fine fine yellow cornmeal and roll out into two circles, about 20 cm [8"] diameter
- Sprinkle half of the breadcrumbs over each pizza base and drizzle with half of the oil over each pizza
- Sprinkle half of the of the spicy sausage / onion mix over each pizza
- mix the Mozzarella Ricotta cheese together and spread on one half of each pizza
- Place the hard-boiled egg halves on one side of the pizza base (so it can be folded without drama!)
- Fold the pizza over and pinch the edges together, rolling the seal over as you go
- Brush with a little water and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.