- 50 g (2 oz) stale bread, crusts removed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 g (1 lb 5 oz) borage leaves, finely chopped
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 fresh marjoram leaves, chopped finely
- ½ clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tear the bread up into a bowl and cover with cold water and leave to soak for 10 minutes
- Squeeze out the water so it's soggy, but not dripping wet!
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan, add the borage and heat gently until it wilts
- Beat the eggs together with the Parmesan, the soaked bread, marjoram and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frittata pan or a frying pan.
- Pour in the mixture and pat down.
- Cook gently for 15 to 20 minutes, turning so both sides are golden brown.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.