When I started my Indian cookery course, this was the first dish we made. It is so easy!
- 1lb potatoes, warm, (parboiled and cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies (deseeded)
- 6 curry leaves (3 bay leaves would make a poor substitute)
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan
- Add mustard seeds and fry until they pop
- Add the onions and fry for 3 minutes
- Add the warm potatoes and the dry spices and fry on a medium heat for about 10/15 minutes
- After 5 minutes, add the chillies
- Add lemon juice, chopped coriander and serve
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.