Basa and prawn tagiliatelle (simple version)
This is another of my variations on a recipe I saw on Channel 4's The Big Breakfast about 15 years ago.
It's the simplest recipe I know!
There is a slightly more complex version here, though it's hardly a challenging recipe.
- 1 portion of fresh tagliatelle (about 250g) or 100g of dried taglitelle
- 1 tin lobster bisque soup
- 2 basa fillets, about 250g (9 oz), in total
- 100 g (3.5 oz) or more, fresh peeled prawns
- Cut the basa into bite-sized pieces. Basa does not usually have bones or skin, but remove them if it does.
- In a large pan, bring the soup almost to the boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer
- Place the basa chunks in the soup and simmer for 6 minutes
- Cook the pasta as directed, drain and cover
- Add the prawns and stir for a minute or so
- Pour the pasta into the soup, mix well
- Arrange on a serving dish
Serve hot, maybe with a salad if you need to stretch it to four people. There is enough here for two gluttons though!
Smoked basa works well in this dish also.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.