Barbecued lime and chili chicken wings
- 1 kg [2 lb] chicken thighs or wings, skin on and bone in
- 125 ml [4 fl oz] freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 fresh red bird's eye chillies, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon demerara sugar or jaggery
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix the lime juice, chili, salt, sugar and oil together in a bowl
- Cut some deep slashes into the flesh so the marinade can 'work' on the meat
- Marinate the chicken in a refrigerator for 2 hours or more, turning a few times
- Barbecue the chicken for about 15 minutes on a well oiled grill, turning often to prevent burning
- Check the chicken is properly cooked before serving
These can also be cooked on an oven tray with a rack at 180° C [350° F - Gas 4 - Moderate/Medium]. Allow 40 minutes for small pieces like wings. 50 minutes for larger pieces like thighs and drumsticks. Check juices run clear and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Try this marinade with lamb tenderloin fillets or king prawns
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.