Avocado oil bread (TM)
- 15g fresh yeast or 1x7g sachet of fast-action dried yeast
- 320g sparkling mineral water
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 20g semolina
- 10g salt
- 50g avocado oil + 4 tablespoons, plus a little extra for greasing and brushing
- Coarse rock or sea salt (I used Himalayan Pink rock salt)
- Dried or fresh oregano, to taste
- Place the yeast and the water in the TM bowl and if using fresh yeast, allow it to dissolve in the water.
- Add the flour, semolina, salt and avocado oil and mix for 20 seconds / Speed 4.
- Put on Knead setting for 4 minutes.
- Leave to rest until the dough is touching the MC.
- Use a little avocado oil to grease a bowl and turn out the dough onto a floured surface.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place in the bowl and cover.
- Leave until almost doubled in size and turn out the dough.
- Lightly oil a pie dish (see Tips/Hints below) and place the dough in the pie dish.
- Drizzle the 4 tablespoons avocado over the top and push the dough gently towards the sides of the dish.
- Cover and leave to prove for 45 minutes.
- Dimple the dough sporadically and prove for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour].
- Sprinkle the dough with the oregano and coarse sea or rock salt.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Slide onto a wire rack and brush with a little more olive oil whilst still hot.
- Allow to cool before cutting or tearing.
The tin I used to make this bread is made by Falcon, It is an enamel pie dish measuring 24cm and is just right for this bread. These dishes are easy to clean - if anything sticks, just soak in hot water for a short while. They are also very inexpensive.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.