Apricot and lentil soup
Revision as of 17:42, 22 November 2014 by Chef
An unusual soup from Armenia, reflecting the Middle Eastern use of fruit with savoury dishes. The recipe was taken from VegaliciousRecipes.
- 55 g red lentils
- 55 g dried apricots, soaked if necessary
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 625 ml vegetable stock
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Croutons to garnish
- Place lentils in a large saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then purée until smooth.
- Reheat to serving temperature and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with the croutons.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.