Revision as of 16:18, 17 January 2013 by Chef
- 4 slices of plaited bread
- 4 slices of smoked ham
- 4 pears in syrup
- 4 slices Appenzeller or other Swiss cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Toast the bread in a toaster
- Cover the bread slices with half of cheese and add a layer of ham to each.
- Add a pear to each hame slice and cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Grill until bubbling and season to taste.
Serve on its own or with some salad.
Use a good ordinary shaped bread if you do not have any plaited